SonarLint IntelliJ 2023.3.3 error

Please provide

• Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04
  • SonarLint plugin version: 10.3.0.77475
  • Programming language you’re coding in: Java
  • Is connected mode used:
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): Sonarqube Version 9.9.3 (build 79811)

And a thorough description of the problem / question:
When you have enabled the plugin and opened any lib dependency class in the project, for example, AtomicInteger a class from java.util.concurrent.atomic you get this error
After you disable the plugin the error disappears

Hi @juandavidg890121, thank you for your report.

Which version of IntelliJ are you using? Starting from version 2023.3, this strange issue seems to happen when your project is bound without any connection set, such as in this state:

And you should see the error org.sonarlint.intellij.exception.InvalidBindingException: Unable to find a connection with name: XXXX in the SonarLint logs.

If that’s the case, try to unbind the project or fix the binding configuration. I believe this should stop this error from happening.

I am not sure why this pop-up is appearing. I recently contacted JetBrains about this, and it seems to be a known issue in IntelliJ 2023.3. This bug ticket exists on their side.

1 Like

It is IntelliJ 2023.3.3 Build #IU-233.14015.106, built on January 25, 2024
Yes as you said that is the issue. I have a connection with Sonarqube but the issue happens when you have the Bind project to SonarCloud / SonarQube option enabled but no connection is selected
for example, in this project, I have everything Connection and the Project key and I don’t have any error

but in this second project, I checked the option but no connection was selected

after selecting the connection the error disappears
But it would be nice to get a more specific error message or just don’t launch the analysis
Thanks for the response :clap:

But it would be nice to get a more specific error message or just don’t launch the analysis

You are right; I created this bug ticket that I will try to tackle as soon as possible. I believe that IntelliJ shouldn’t display such disruptive pop-ups in case of some plugin errors, but nonetheless, I will try to investigate the case and see if we can avoid this kind of behavior. We definitely do not want to get in the way of developers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.