SonarLint 10.7.0.78874 sometimes hangs Rider when committing

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Build 22631.3880
  • SonarLint plugin version: 10.7.0.78874
  • Programming language you’re coding in:
  • Is connected mode used: No
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version):

When commiting code in Rider using the Git view (Alt+0), SonarLint will run on the changed files and will occassionally hang the UI and never return
When it hangs, the progress of the scan will not be at 100%.

The only way to recover is to kill the process via TaskManager. I have provided logs to JetBrains in this thread: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RIDER-101546/2023.2.3-Completely-hangs-and-has-to-be-hard-killed

Possibly related to:

Bug: https://sonarsource.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SLI/issues/SLI-1497

Hello @Tom_Philpot, thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue and have identified the root cause. The fix will be provided as part of the next release. You can track the progress via this ticket. In the meantime, a workaround would be to have only one project opened when working on Rider. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I noticed the same problem with Intellij IDEA and had to deactivate the plugin because of this. Will the fix apply to other Intellij IDEs too?

Hi @esofn, thanks for notifying us, I would invite you to create a new thread if it also happens on IntelliJ IDEA. We had no issues reported outside of Rider, so we would appreciate it if you could provide us with more information.

Hey @Tom_Philpot, we have just released SonarLint version 10.8. Could you please try it and see if the issue persists? Thank you!

1 Like

I will update today and start working with it! Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve had no issues with Rider using the 10.8.0.79133 plugin with multiple projects open for the last few days. Previously, I’d get hangs about 50% of the time when committing, so I think this may be resolved.

1 Like

I am glad to hear your issue is resolved! If you enjoy SonarLint, do not hesitate to give a review on our marketplace.

Thank you for using SonarLint! :sonarlint: