SonarJava compatibility inconsistency

https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Plugin+Version+Matrix states that SonarJava 5.10.2 is compatible with 6.7, and 7.3+, but https://sonarqube.company.com/admin/marketplace?filter=updates states that 5.9.2 is installed and 5.10.2 would need a system update. Which one is correct?

Hi,

Could you double-check that 2nd URL? I don’t recognize it, and neither does my browser.

I can tell you, though that compatibility is (mostly) correctly listed for SonarJava 5.10.2. It’s compatible with 7.3+ and with the latest LTS versions. Unfortunately the Plugin Version Matrix isn’t granular about compatibility with point versions, but if you have the latest release of the LTS (currently 6.7.6) SJ 5.10.2 will work with it. It will not work with 6.7(.0). And it will not work with SQ 7.0-7.2.*.

Ann

That second URL is not real of course.
I’m talking about the admin page of our SQ installation.
Maybe also should have mentioned again that it is version 7.5.

Uhm… technically 5.10.2 is compatible; it’s its dependencies that need an upgrade.

I’ll have to get back to you.

Hi @Vampire,

Am I right by assuming that you have Findbugs plugin installed?

I could reproduce your issue by installing Findbugs plugin version 3.9.1 and sonarJava plugin version 5.9.2. The Findbugs plugin depends on a specific version of SonarJava, and the resulting message is not clear in SoanrQube UI.

Updating Findbugs plugin to version 3.9.2 will automatically install the last version of sonarJava, i.e. 5.10.2.

I will create a ticket to improve the update message in SonarQube.

Cheers,

Yes, FindBugs plugin is installed, but in version 3.9.2.
Maybe it one of the other plugins?
checkstyle, pmd or our own one with custom rules.
Where can this information be found?
In update-center.properties it seems FindBugs 3.9.1 and 3.9.2 are the same, so I guess not there.
And I don’t find a significant difference between the 3.9.1 and 3.9.2 tags of the findbugs plugin.

Hi @Vampire,

SonarQube reads the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file of each plugin to know the dependencies between plugins.

We are still looking into this issue. Could you please check if you are able to upgrade SonarJava now that SonarJava 5.11 is released?

Could you also send us the list of plugins (.jar file names) in sonarqube-7.5/extensions/plugins as well as the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of your custom plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

Yes, now it is updatable, thanks.