SonarCloud Licensing for Multiple Projects in Azure Devops Org

Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:

• ALM used Azure DevOps
  • CI system used Azure DevOps

We have an Azure Devops account, and we looking forward to create multiple projects in single account. These projects will be used in sing

We are looking forward to create multiple projects in single Azure Devops org account and initiate Sonar scans in the pipelines. Wanted to verify if i need to buy additional license for it or can consume the same license which is been tagged with my Org.

Another question is we wanted to make some changes in our current Azure devops account setup, change the name of the org and push the current name as a project. Do we need to delete and re-create the organization and project into Sonar console or we is there a way to make changes and preserve the findings which are already recorded.

Hey there.

SonarCloud is licensed by Lines of Code – not any specific number of projects. Our documentation on pricing is a great place to start.

If you change the name of your Azure DevOps organization, that will require a manual backend change on our side. Please let me know if/when you plan to make a change to your organization name in Azure DevOps and I’ll raise a private thread with you to coordinate the details.