Migrating Azure DevOps organization to different Azure tenant

We have purchased license for SonarCloud. May I get some inputs on my below queries ?

1. Once we start using our license with our Azure DevOps organization and at later point of time we change our Azure tenant(keeping Azure DevOps organization name same as before) , Can we still use the same license without any blockers ?

2. If not , is there any feature which will allow us to change Azure tenant and continue using same license ?

3. What should be the steps in case Azure subscription in which Azure Organization is created is to be changed ?

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to keep the same Sonarcloud organization with this change.
You will have to create a new Sonarcloud organization and link it to your new Azure Devops organization (even though it’s the same name).

For billing purpose, if you had a coupon with the current organization, you can contact our sales team that will help you create a new coupon for the new Sonarcloud organization.

Best regards,

Thank you Quentin for your inputs .

1. Is there any way we can migrate our existing projects from SonarCloud organization to new Sonar organization , including scan history ?
  2. If point #1 is feasible, then will it also consider LOC used/scanned ?

I was referring to the below topic with somewhat similar requirement.

Hello,

I am sorry but it is not possible to keep scan history, you will have to import your projects again when creating the new SonarCloud organization.

Best regards,

Hello ,

I understand that the another coupon provided by the sales team will have validity till the remaining time of our previous coupon and without any charge.
Correct me if my understanding is incorrect here .

Also , how will LOC be considered ?

1. will LOC get incremented from the count in our old organization?
  2. LOC will be increased even if we scan our projects that were part of our old Sonar
    organization

Hello,

I understand that the another coupon provided by the sales team will have validity till the remaining time of our previous coupon and without any charge.

That is correct, our sales team can get you a coupon that will cover the remaining time of your previous coupon, so you don’t “loose” subscription time.

1. will LOC get incremented from the count in our old organization?
  2. LOC will be increased even if we scan our projects that were part of our old Sonar
    organization

It won’t impact your LOC limit at all. To explain a bit more, how LOC calculation works is “the amount of LOC scanned on the biggest long-lived branch of the project”
That means that if you have a project that is 1000 LOC on main/master branch, and you run 20 analysis on it, your LOC used is still 1000 not 20 000 (20 times 1000). So LOC don’t get incremented from old analysis, wether from your previous org or the current one.

So you just import the projects you want to scan as part of your org, and it will be the sum of all LOC of all projects that counts, previous analysis has no impact on this.

I hope my explanations were clear to you, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have more questions