In our SonarCloud organization, I have updated the quality profiles in one of the projects, but it’s not reflecting in the Information page.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to this specific project in SonarCloud.
- Navigate to Administration → Quality Gate and change the quality gate there.
- Navigate to Administration → Quality Profiles and change some of the quality profiles there.
- Go to Information and check the quality gate and quality profiles there.
- On step 4, the quality gate shown is what was set in step 2.
- On step 4, the quality profiles shown are what was set in step 3.
- OK: updated indeed.
- NOK: nothing changed.
A new analysis will need to be run for the information to update. Such a ticket exists for SonarQube (SONAR-8502) to remove the disparity. But not necessarily in the direction you’re thinking.
We think it makes sense for the Quality Gates / Profiles actually used during analysis to display – not what we be used on the next analysis (because it doesn’t actually tie to the results you see in the dashboard). What do you think?
Thanks for the response @Colin.
What seems most important to me is that it’s obvious what is being displayed. I don’t know much about UX, but I do like Steve Krug’s principle: “Don’t make me think.”
In this case, I see quality gate and quality profiles not being handled the same, and then I think there’s a bug there.
But thanks for confirming it’s actually not a bug – then this ticket seems Resolved to me…
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.