Allow making quality profiles/gates public on SonarCloud

sonarcloud

(Jens Bannmann) #1

Hi all!

When an organization has a public project on SonarCloud, everybody can see its issues and current quality gate status. Projects can even use badges to boastinform about them on web pages. However, this is not true for the quality profile and the quality gate associated with that public project.

While I’m fine with defaulting to that behavior, I would like to be able to make certain quality profiles public. After all, if I want to show the quality of my project openly, it is mostly useless if people don’t know whether I have 1 rule in my quality profile or 200. In both cases, I may have only one issue visible for one rule, yet in the second case, the project is clearly better (or at least “more tightly controlled”).

If I remember correctly, at one point SonarCloud already showed quality profile configuration to everybody, but has stopped doing so recently.

A similar argument can be made for quality gates.

Best regards,
Jens

(Fabrice Bellingard) #3

Hi Jens, I guess that your organization is on a paid plan, right?

(Jens Bannmann) #4

Exactly. We deliberately use the same quality gate and profile both for public and private projects.

(Fabrice Bellingard) #5

Great, happy to hear from a customer who’s in this context! :slight_smile:

So yes, what you’re asking definitely makes sense! Not sure we’ll tackle this soon though, since we’ve got a lot of things on our plate for the end of the year. Still, I’m adding this to the backlog.