Sonar version change

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    v 8.9 v 9.8
  • how is SonarQube deployed: zip, Docker, Helm
    zip
  • what are you trying to achieve
    My sonar VM is currently running a community version 8.9, postgres 12, java 11. I am planning to move our sonar configuration to a new VM with a new version that supports java 17 and more. So how to move all my setting, scan history and data from old VM to the new one running an upgraded version?
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I created a new sonar VM with v9.8, with postgres 12, java 17, export data from old vm and import to the new VM’s database. But start getting warning about the end of life this sonar version and I don’t see the scan history from the old VM
    I tried the same with V10.x postgres 15 java 17. After restoring the db from postgres 12 to 15 I couldn’t bring up sonar UI asking to upgrade the database
    Do not share screenshots of logs – share the text itself (bonus points for being well-formatted)!

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

First, SonarQube 9.8 is already past EOL. You should be migrating to at least SonarQube 9.9.4, the current LTA version.

You may find these resources helpful:

To retain all your data, you simply need to retain your database. Is it possible to upgrade your DB in place? If not, what you’ve done in restoring that a DB backup into the new DB is the way to go. Then follow the upgrade instructions (linked above) with the restored DB.

HTH,
Ann

Thank you Ann
Since I am using the community Sonar version, it looks like it is not possible to move data and previous scan history btw servers. So I finally resolve this by just cloning the existing VM and upgrade sonar from 8.9 to 9.9.4 and java from 11 to 17 on the new VM keeping the same postgres db version 12