Sonar does not show committer information (and thus cannot assign issues automatically)

Hello,

we are using SonarQube CE 8.4.1.35646 and experience the issue that GIT committers are not shown in the source code of e.g. code smells. It only shows a link “…” that when clicked shows “Committed on …”.
(Our goal is to have the committers automatically assigned to the issues caused by their commits.)

• Does this not work with the community edition?
  • If it should, what could be the cause of not getting the information? Something wrong with our Maven plugin config?
  • If it works, what is the essential information for mapping? Any of the strings in the “SCM Accounts” section in your profile?

Thanks for clarification!

KR, Stefan

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

First, your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.4.1 → 8.9.3 → 9.1 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide helpful.

Regarding your question, this is a feature available in Community Edition. Do your committer IDs match up to users in the SonarQube user list?

Ann

Hi @ganncamp ,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I should have replied to myself that I found the reason for the problem some days ago.
We simply had the SCM sensor disabled and didn’t realize that on first glance.

Like usual, the classical semi optimal UX of a control that says “Disable” instead of “Enable” tricked us.
Now it works as expected (although I have to find time to analyze the daily base usefulness of the results and how we gonna integrate it into our dev process).

Kind regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the followup.

There are a number of reasons for this integration:

• accurate detection of “new” code
  • correct assignment of issues to the last committer on the line
  • proper issue backdating

In fact, if you don’t have that many analyses under your belt, it would be worth deleting the project and re-doing the initial analysis to get those things set up in your project. Without them, all your issues are dated to your first analysis, rather than correctly reflecting when they were actually introduced into the code.

HTH,
Ann