Sonar-custom-plugin-example does not load when SonarQube starts

I’m creating a custom plugin following instructions at Developing a Plugin. I’ve built the sonar-custom-plugin-example project with Maven and copied the jar to my local Windows installation of SonarQube at sonarqube-8.0/extensions/plugins. The instructions say that I should see this in the log output, after restarting SonarQube:

Deploy plugin Example Plugin / 0.1-SNAPSHOT

but my sonar.log contains:

2019.11.12 13:22:44 INFO  app[][o.e.p.PluginsService] no modules loaded
2019.11.12 13:22:44 INFO  app[][o.e.p.PluginsService] loaded plugin [org.elasticsearch.transport.Netty4Plugin]

Have I missed a step?
Thanks

Oof, that’s probably a bit outdated. :crying_cat_face: How about your web.log file?

Sure enough! It’s in web.log:

2019.11.12 13:23:05 INFO  web[][o.s.s.p.ServerPluginRepository] Deploy plugin Example Plugin for SonarQube 6.7.x LTS / 6.7.1

Thanks!

Sweet! PR created on my side to update the docs.

@Colin can you give us already here short hints what are the major changes for upgrading Plugins to SonarQube 8? Thanks!

That’s a pretty broad topic, and a different topic from the one this post was created for.

I suggest opening a new thread with more details (what kind of plugin? Language analyzer? Adding web pages? What version is the plugin currently compatible with?), and hopefully somebody more knowledgable than myself will answer :slight_smile:

We are preparing to upgrade our SonarQube Server next week to 8.0. As we’re using the Community F# Plugin which uses Cold deployment I’m concerned as the cold deployment of the example plugin falied.