Sonar Community Roundup, May 25 - 31

Hey Sonar Community!

What a week! @ganncamp has been on holiday all week (well-deserved), so I’ve been holding down the fort with @leith.darawsheh. Weeks like this make me so happy that @ganncamp and I are usually a team serving this community together.

I first interacted with Ann on the SonarQube Google Groups in 2017 when I was just a (22-year old) SonarQube admin looking for a mapping of FxCop rules to SonarC# rules.

Ann, who wrote the book on SonarQube, has been at Sonar for more than a decade, with just about every job you can imagine (writing user stories, defining rules, serving as SonarQube Product Manager, and then Product Marketing Manager) before joining me as the first full-time Community Managers at Sonar in late 2021.

Ann actually passed my name along to a Sonar recruiter back in 2018. Now, I live in Switzerland, speak French, and only see my mother once a year. Life is funny.

Okay, enough nostalgia.

We’re grateful when you take the time to contribute to our community, so like every week we want to spend some time acknowledging everyone who prompted interesting discussions and gave us feedback to help us continuously improve.

SonarCloud:

SonarQube:

SonarLint:

Rule & Languages Improvements:

Once more, we extend our thanks to everyone mentioned here - and those we may have missed - for their efforts in strengthening this community and enhancing our Sonar products.

Please leave your own recognitions below – whether for another community member or a SonarSourcer who assisted you this week. If there’s someone you think should be acknowledged in next week’s roundup, don’t hesitate to let us know.

@Colin, @ganncamp, and @leith.darawsheh

17 Likes

Just wanted to give an extra special shout out to Carmine Vassallo for working that PR with me! (I’m too new to tag people, so hopefully Carmine will get to see this)

3 Likes

FYI @carmine.vassallo ^

2 Likes