Solution required for ARM 7 (32 Bit) board to do Sonarqube scanning for C language further input

Dear Mr. Loïc Joly

Hope you are doing well.

Need you support regarding ARM 7 (32 Bit) board to do Sonarqube scanning for C language. As we are getting error while running sonar-scanner is “ syntax error : “(“ unexpected “ where run time environment details are as below :

Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS

Motherboard ARM 7 (32 Bit)

Sonar New version: 9.0.1 (build 46107)

Sonar scanner version 4.7.0.2747

Open JDK version 11.0.14 2022-01-18 mixed mode

Requirement Sonarqube scanning for C language

I would be grateful for your prompt reply.

Previous query for your reference only :

Best Regards

Marish Sharp

STJ Electronics Pvt Ltd | X-51, Okhla Industrial Area | Phase-2 | New Delhi | 110 020 |

Tel: +91-11-49816000 | Extension:1205,1212 |

E-mail : marish.sharp@saviorstj.com | Web : www.saviorstj.com

Hi @marish.sharp,

As mentioned in our Doc, ARM arch isn’t officially supported for Linux: C/C++/Objective-C | SonarQube Docs
So the analyses are not guaranteed to work on ARM or on32-bit.

Also, the syntax error that you mentioned is internal and should only appear in the verbose log. Are you facing an actual issue? is the analysis finishing successfully? Are you facing a specific false positive?

Thanks,

Dear Mr. Abbas Sabra,

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your update.

In one of your reply, it was said to use the alternate method for scanning, and this worked well.

Now, can you also suggest some alternate method for scanner, since the default method is not working.

Best Regards

Hello @marish.sharp,

Out of curiosity, can you share the full scanner verbose log?

You didn’t answer my question.

C++ analysis on ubuntu ARM is not supported. there is no workaround currently. Some people tried it and it worked for them and for others, it failed. We never implemented support for C and C++ analysis on such a platform.

If your project compiles on one of the supported platforms, you can try to run the analysis there.

Thanks,

Dear Mr. Abbas Sabra,

Hope this message finds you well.

Regarding the above conversation I understand that Sonarqube has been implemented for C language.

Since Scanner executable is Not running, so how can we share the verbose log.

If AERM32 is out of reckoning, we can shift the source code to a desktop pc and then perform the scanning, if such a scenario is workable.

Regards

As we are able to generate a build-wrapper-dump.json file for sample file as per blog Compilation database, can shift the source code to a desktop pc and then perform the scanning, if such a scenario is workable.

@marish.sharp,

What do you mean by “it is not running”. I thought it is running and failing.

You mentioned here that you are running and getting syntax error failure.

please share the full log of what you are getting when running the scanner.

Were you able to perform the analysis?

Thanks,

Dear Mr. Abbas Sabra,

Hope this message finds you well.

Please note that both Sonar wrapper and scanner not working for ARM7 32 bit board.

So we tried Compilation database method for sample C Hello World and we are able to generate a build-wrapper-dump.json file.

Now our question is this can shift the source code to a desktop pc and then perform the scanning, if such a scenario is workable.

Best Regards

@marish.sharp,

I asked you 3 times what do you mean by the scanner “doesn’t work”. I’m still not getting any answer.
If by “it doesn’t work” you mean the scanner is failing. please share the full log of the failure.

What does “desktop PC” mean? What matters is the platform, and the documentation is clear about what is supported and what is not. For example, 32-bit ARM Desktop PC with Linux isn’t supported. While x86-64bit desktop PC with Linux is supported. Please read the documentation and conclude if your platform is supported.

Thanks,