Using sonarscanner for C, C++, Objective C

My company has a project that is written in C, C++, and Object C, but it is listed in the system information as using the ARM platform(CPU 8-core Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU with 1 x Kryo™ 585 Gold Prime, 3 x Kryo™ 585 Gold, 4 x Kryo™ 585 Silver). So, can I use SonarScanner on Windows or Linux to analyze this project?

Hello @Hieu_Ha

Currently, you cannot run the analysis FROM your ARM platform.
However, you can still analyze your code if you can cross-compile it from one of the supported analysis platforms.
For instance, if you can build your code from a Linux x64 by cross-compiling it, you will be able to analyze it on that platform.

1 Like

thanks for your reply @Geoffray! However, I saw this content on sonarqube docs so can you explain this?

I still see supporting compilers for ARM 5 and ARM 6, so can details about my company’s system fit with the above content?

These compilers run on the platforms we support to run the analysis (Windows x64, Linux x64, MacOS x64 and Apple Silicon).
For example, you can run an IAR compiler from Windows on traditional x64 and compile your code to get executable files for your ARM platform. You will be able to analyze your code on the Windows x64 platform that was used to compile it.

You did not mention which compiler you are using.
ARM is a vendor that designs CPU architectures and sells compilers for these architectures.
You told me your company builds software that targets an ARM architecture.
You mentioned ARM 5 and ARM 6 compilers in the SonarQube documentation.
They are different things.

Do you know what compiler your company uses to build the software for the ARM architecture (the Kyro one)?

Thanks for your details reply @Geoffray. I rechecked my project information and I have issue when using build wrapper in both Linux and Windows so can you support me to solve it?

@Hieu_Ha
We will help you. Please open a new thread and follow the guidelines:

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.