SAML authentication - automated deployment

Hi there,

Sonarqube:8.9.7-developer in a docker container.

I’ve been reading the instructions on how to configure SAML at the following link:

On the overview page, it describes the properties which are set but it does not explain where to set them or provide any examples as to what they should be set to.

I am trying to automate a deployment of Sonarqube and need to be able to configure these settings at deployment time, so I need some examples of how they should be formatted in the relevant configuration file, if possible please.

I have attempted to run Sonarqube from a docker container, and then manually set all of the various SAML options via the web interface, and save the options. I then checked the sonar.properties file inside the container assuming they would be saved here but there are no SAML properties configured here, so I’m at a loss as to where these are being saved?

BR,

James

I just wanted to reply to see if I could get an update on this please? It seems like it should be a very straight-forward query: where does sonarqube store its SAML settings and could someone provide an example of the format they should be configured as.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.9.7 → 9.9.3 → 10.3 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Regarding your question, quite a bit changes from one LTS to another. You’re referencing the docs for the current LTS and trying to apply them to the previous LTS. The reason it’s not working is that this is one of the (many, many) things that changed.

For future reference, settings made via the UI are saved in the DB. Also for future reference, this is a community. You’re not guaranteed a fast response..

Ann

hi there, thanks for your reply. I understand it’s a bit of a luck of the draw aspect getting a response on here but I thought the query was fairly straight-forward and noticed my question had already disappeared into the second page.

I don’t suppose there is any further information as to where in the DB it is located? Thank you.

Hi,

We don’t provide schemas or information about where/how things are stored because you should treat the DB as a black box.

:smiley:
Ann