Really Disappointed with SonarQube Sales Experience

I reached out to SonarCube ready to purchase and emailed from my gmail account because that was the default in my mail client and I was in a hurry and didn’t check it.

I received an email response back stating that they only provide evaluations for the commercial version to companies not individuals and to please respond with my company email.

I responded and stated that I am not looking for an evaluation version that I was ready to purchase the developer edition.

I then received an email from Natalia Osinska informing me that they actually only sell to companies. And that if I wanted to use SonarQube I could use their cloud version. No mention of the community version which I’ve been using.

I replied stating that I thought it was ironic they call their first commercial version the “Developer” version but wont let individual developers buy it, but that it wasn’t an issue because I also have a company. Also that I was still hesitant to upload my source code to online services.

I did not get any response.

I also sent out an email asking if there was any update for me that also went unanswered.

I then re-requested with my company info and have not received any kind of response.

I was really excited about SonarQube as I have enjoyed using the community edition, altho creating custom python rules still remains a mystery to me. Currently though, I am really put off and disappointed with my communication with the company.

I am still interested in SonarQube, if I ever here anything back, but have also started looking at Codacy and Kiuwan. They both unfortunately also seem to be cloud-based only. Kiuwan did also say they only sell to companies but when I told them I was one they set up a trial for me without any issues.

I’m hoping to be able to provide an update with a happier outcome in the near future but we will see.

2 Likes

Nathan,

To clarify, what is your objective with this email?

In regards to our personal email policy, this is something we have put it in place because there were too much abuse. The second email you sent was also identified as a non company email.

I hope this clarifies

Olivier

To clarify, what is your objective with this email?

The objective was to get other eyes on my issue so it hopefully could get rectified.

In regards to our personal email policy, this is something we have put it in place because there were too much abuse.

Abuse in what way? People requesting a trial from a personal email only to use the trial and not purchase? As I already indicated I didn’t even want a trial, I wanted to purchase. How is me wanting to buy your software abuse?

The second email you sent was also identified as a non company email.

The second email from the same address or the second email that I sent from my registered company email?

It didn’t really clarify anything, only created more questions.

R,

Nate

1 Like

Hello Nathan,

You are right, the abuse comes from people evaluating with personal email. As most people want to purchase first, we have put this in place. I agree it does not apply in your case and we will adjust.

Thanks

Olivier

A year and a few months later - I’m running into this precise scenario. I just want to pay, don’t need a trial license – but there’s no “buy now” button where I can punch in my CC. Getting stonewalled by a sales rep with “commercial email” – where I am indeed using my company’s email domain.

Strange practice. In my corporation, we try to close the sale as fast as we can when inbound sales prospects come in willing.