- Version: Enterprise SonarQube 8.4.2
- Error: When permission templates are edited with new AD Groups and permissions, the changes do not reflect on the existing projects using the permission template. The permission template would have to be reapplied through a bulk update for each project.
- Steps to Reproduce.
- Create a new private project with a permission template
- Edit the permission template by adding a new AD Group with browse permission
- Login with a user who is in that AD Group.
- Attempt to browse the created project which has the permission template attached to it
- User will not have access to view the project.
- Potential Workaround: Each time a change is created to a permission template then it would need to be manually reapplied to every project which holds the template so that the new changes are synced.
The workaround is not feasible for my use case. All projects should be automatically updated when a change occurs to a permission template. There should be no need to manually reapply the changes to every project.