Problems with custom metrics

I am trying to achieve a scenario where i need to consolidate the projects with different names and create a dashboard for that projects alone.
I am trying to create a custom metric and trying to add it in each project’s configuration. Its showing pending status.

Can i achieve the dashboard through this method?

Hi,

What used to be called Views is now part of Enterprise Editon($).

You can aggregate a Portfolio (nee View) using custom metrics, but that method is deprecated in favor of using project tags.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

I created a custom metric called “ProjectTeamName” and added it to a specific project.
But the status is still pending. Please find below.
Could you please let me know how to make status from pending. What i have to do in order to run the projects next analysis?

Hi,

Unfortunately the system has decided not to make your screenshots zoomable, and I really can’t make out what’s going on at the current size. But the docs ought to help.

Ann

In the given link, its mentioned as

Values entered in this interface are “Pending”, and will not be visible outside this administrative interface until the next analysis.

But its in pending status even if i run the analysis. Could you please tell me how to change the status from pending?

And also i have created a custom metric named ProjectTeamName and TeamName. But when i search for this custom metric in Measures, its not available. Please help.

Under Management the custom metrics are not available:

Hi Ann,

Could you please help on this issue asap.

Hi,

Sorry, but “asap” isn’t in the community vocabulary. For that you’ll have to upgrade to paid support (and even then I think you’re looking at a 24h SLA). The rest of us mortals do take occasional days off. :smile:

If your interface is still showing your custom measure values as “pending” then it seems you haven’t analyzed the right project. If no project has a non-pending value then it’s not surprising to me that the metric doesn’t show up in non-admin dropdowns.

BTW, you appear to be using a rather old version of SonarQube. The current version is 8.0, and the current LTS is 7.9.1. You should upgrade at your earliest convenience.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I logged in as admin and searching for the custom metric which i have created. Still its not showing up.

Hi,

By “non-admin dropdowns” I meant the dropdowns on administrative pages. Even logged it as an admin, I’m not surprised this doesn’t show up for you on the public measures page.

Ann

Hi,

I want to group the projects without using the keys. I thought of using a custom metric and group the projects based upon that.
Could you please suggest me to group different projects and create a dashboard for it.

Hi,

Dashboards were removed in 6.2. Your only option to see an aggregation / grouping of projects is to upgrade to Enterprise edition and create either a Portfolio (executive overview) or Application (synthetic project).

Ann