Plsql Analysis Error

Hi,
Perform an analysis on a file with PKB extension (PLSQL), but all I get from the review is this:

3:21:45.929 INFO: Sensor PL/SQL Sensor [plsql]
13:21:45.995 WARN: The Data Dictionary is not configured which prevents rule(s) S3641, S3921, S3618, S3651 to raise issues. See https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/PLUG/Data+Dictionary
13:21:46.011 INFO: 1 source files to be analyzed
13:21:46.093 INFO: Load project repositories
13:21:46.325 DEBUG: GET 200 https://sonarcloud.io/batch/project.protobuf?key=xxxx | time=232ms
13:21:46.335 INFO: Load project repositories (done) | time=242ms
13:21:46.335 DEBUG: 'PCK_AGE_CET_2.pkb' generated metadata with charset 'UTF-8'
13:21:47.395 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
13:21:47.395 INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
13:21:47.395 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
13:21:47.395 INFO: Total time: 19.138s
13:21:47.557 INFO: Final Memory: 34M/484M
13:21:47.557 INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
13:21:47.557 ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sonar.oracle.C.B.HA.Ɓ(Unknown Source)
	at com.sonar.oracle.C.B.HA.B(Unknown Source)
	at com.sonar.oracle.Q.A(Unknown Source)

I thought that it was too big and I separated it into 5 parts, but one of them sends the same error (each part has around 200,000 characters), any idea of how to know where it fails or how to correct it?
I already tried with the linux and macOS version of sonar-scanner, the command is: sonar-scanner -Dsonar.projectKey = XXXX -Dsonar.organization = xxx -Dsonar.sources =. -Dsonar.host.url = https: //sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.login = xxxxxx -X

Please help, thanks!

Iā€™m not sure if it was a copy-paste error, but to be sure, there should not be spaces around the = there, like this:

sonar-scanner -Dsonar.projectKey=XXXX -Dsonar.organization=xxx -Dsonar.sources=. -Dsonar.host.url=https: //sonarcloud.io -Dsonar.login=xxxxxx -X

Can you please confirm that you tried like this and you get the same result?

@janosgyerik Based on the stacktrace, I would say that the problem is not in the command which is used.

@Erick_Apablaza Sorry for the late reply.
There is indeed a bug in the PL/SQL analyzer. It seems that the rule S3641 ā€œNullable subqueries should not be used in NOT IN conditionsā€ doesnā€™t handle subqueries which use two pairs of parentheses. I created SONARPLSQL-727 to track that bug.
As a workaround, you can either:

• disable the rule S3641
  • modify the code to remove the redundant parentheses: you should have somewhere something like NOT IN ((...))

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks @janosgyerik but the same command uses it without the PLSQL code and it works correctly, it must have been a problem in the copy and paste.

Could this source code be the error? As it was against time I took out the entire stored procedure from the package.

and   cal.cet_pco_codigo = l_cets.cet_pco_codigo                     
                and   hro.hro_codigo not in (
                             (select exa.hro_codigo
                              from   par_hro_exa exa, sre
                              where  sre.exa_cod_exa    = exa.exa_cod_exa
                              and    sre.sol_codigo     = p_sol_codigo
                              and    exa.hro_exa_no     = '1'
                              and    SRE.SRE_TEMPORAL   = p_temporal
                              and    exa.cet_pco_codigo = l_cets.cet_pco_codigo)
                             union
                             (select rie.hro_codigo
                              from   par_hro_rie rie, srr
                              where  srr.rie_cod_rie    = rie.rie_cod_rie
                              and    srr.sol_codigo     = p_sol_codigo
                              and    rie.hro_rie_no     = '1'
                              and    SRR.SRR_TEMPORAL   = p_temporal
                              and    rie.cet_pco_codigo = l_cets.cet_pco_codigo)
                                             )
                and   to_timestamp(concat(concat(cpf.cpf_fecha,' '),hro.hro_fin), 'DD-MM-YY HH24:MI') > sysdate

Yes, that part of your code triggers the bug in the PL/SQL analyzer.
I believe that you can delete the ( in (select exa.hro_codigo and the ) right before union.
Your code may contain other occurrences of the same pattern.