Not able to see the latest scanned report in the Dashboard due to warnings

Hello Team,

We have a issue since few days when we have scanned our DOT NET and PL/SQL code we are getting the below warning due to which we are not able to see our latest scanned reports.

Warnings:
DOT NET: CSS rules were not executed. Error when running: ‘node -v’. Is Node.js available during analysis?
JavaScript and/or TypeScript rules were not executed. Error when running: ‘node -v’. Is Node.js available during analysis?

PL/SQL: The Data Dictionary is not configured for PLSQL analyzer which prevents rule(s) S3641, S3921, S3618, S3651 to raise issues. See http://apdvadc614.eu.averydennison.net:9000/documentation/analysis/language

It was working fine suddenly this warning started coming up.

Could you please check and help on this.

Thanks,
Harshal Kolhe

One more update - New scanned code is not showing the latest details, may be due to the warnings raise.

Any Update on this?

Hello SQ team,

Any update on this issue or any blog which I can refer to resolve this warnings due to which our dashboard is not reflecting correct data.

Hi Harshal,

Those warnings are just that: only warnings. When you say “not able to see our latest scanned reports” what exactly do you mean? Are you saying you run analysis and the project homepage isn’t updated? How about a screenshot?

Ann

Hello Ann,

Thank you for your response, yes by “not able to see our latest scanned reports” I mean our recently scanned analysis are not available in the dashboard as a New Code.

I have attached the screenshot of our dashboard with the screenshot of last scanned reports.

Hi Harshal,

Those screenshots all agree that your last analysis of that project was on June 15. If you’ve done a more recent analysis, can you provide the analysis log?

Ann

Hi Ann,

Please find the below logs for the scanning I did today.

Thanks,
Harshal
MAGMA-logs.txt (14.2 KB)
LILY-Logs.txt (8.2 KB)

Hi Harshal,

Looking at your MAGMA log, since it matches your screenshots above, I see a successful analysis. I guess you’re going to say those screenshots are still current? I.e. that June 15 still shows up as the latest analysis, with nothing in the background tasks?

Can you check the access log to see if the analysis report was received?

Given what you’ve provided, here are the scenarios I see:

• analysis report was sent to a different server
  • analysis report was sent to a different project (i.e. the project key got swapped somehow & there are now 2 instances of MAGMA on your SonarQube server)
  • an intermediary on the network (i.e. proxy, etc) killed the analysis report in flight so it never got to SonarQube.

Ann

Hello Ann,

I checked for all the possible issues you have mentioned but I did not notice any of that.
When I used to scan earlier with the same script it was working showing up the latest analysis in the dashboard.

Now also the same script works without any errors but the dashboard is never updated.

I checked for all the activity on the projects and they are all showing up.

1. Scanned analysis is showing up against the project that means Project ID and URL is correct
  2. It also shows warning for the latest scan as mentioned earlier but the dashboard is not updated.

I have attached screenshots of the latest data.

Scripts used to scan the MAGMA (C#) code :

%SONAR_RUNNER_HOME%\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe begin /k:“MAGMA” /d:sonar.host.url=“http://apdvadc614.eu.averydennison.net:9000” /d:sonar.login=“ee21059981af204a55fbb4a362a8f5281a702b22”

“%MSBuildExtensionsPath32%”\MsBuild.exe /t:Rebuild

%SONAR_RUNNER_HOME%\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe end /d:sonar.login=“ee21059981af204a55fbb4a362a8f5281a702b22”

Script used to scan LILY (PL/SQL) code:
%SONAR_SCANNER%\sonar-scanner.bat -D"sonar.projectKey=LILY" -D"sonar.sources=." -D"sonar.host.url=http://apdvadc614.eu.averydennison.net:9000" -D"sonar.login=c18045227d6d31314f7f89ff79fe3d7043243e62"

Hi Harshal,

I’m confused. Your new set of screenshots does show the MAGMA project updated. What do you mean “the dashboard is never updated”? What are you expecting to change that doesn’t?

Ann

Hi Ann,

If you see the recent dashboard screenshot it still shows the code date of March and not the recent scanned ones.

Activity shows it is successfully scanned including the logs but the report is still not available in the dashboard.

Also checked on the network issue all fine there and no network drops.

I hope I am able to explain the issue now?

Thanks,
Harshal

Hi Harshal

Uhm… no. First, your most recent set of screenshots includes one Projects page and two Background Tasks pages. In the list of projects I see “Last analysis: 20 hours ago” for LILY and the same for MAGMA.

Now, I do also see “New code: last 4 months 4 days” for both projects. Is that what you’re referring to? That’s an entirely different thing.

Ann

Hi Ann,

That’s correct, I am referring to the same on dashboard page where it shows New Code as last 4 months and 4 days, while the newly scanned report is not available anywhere.

Thanks,
Harshal

Hi Harshal,

I’m fairly confident the new analysis results are accurately reflected on your project homepage. What are you expecting to see that you’re not seeing?

Ann

Hi Ann,

Normally when we scan the code we expect to them the see in updated dashboard with New Code and the number defects as shown in both the screenshots for MAGMA and LILY.

Also, when we see the project overview no update on the latest scanned reports. (Only New code is of March)

Hope it explains…

Hi,

I don’t see anything unusual in the latest set of screenshots. You last ran analysis on 14 July, and your New Code Period started in March. So all the issues &etc shown on your New Code tab are the issues accumulated since March.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

Hi,

So where do we see the results of latest scanned code?

Regards,
Harshal

Hi Harshal,

You see it on the project homepage - exactly the screenshots you’ve been sending me. What are you expecting to see that you’re not seeing?

Ann