Newly created project keeps showing "Your default branch has not been analyzed yet."

I have set up 3 projects roughly at the same time. The first one is now working well, but the remaining 2 are showing “Your default branch has not been analyzed yet.” for the past couple of days. Pull Request do get scanned, but nothing more.

Interestingly, Sonar Cloud reported having reached Line of Code limits when I added the 2nd and 3rd projects, so I’m wondering if there’s a correlation there.

Is there anything I can do to get a scan on the main branches?

Hi @GeoffreyMedly and welcome to our Community!

Based on the Line of Code limits you mentioned, i think your organization is a paid one, that is correct? Could you tell me the name of the organization (or the URL at SonarCloud, if is a private one only us will have access to it).

After you’ve added the 2nd and 3rd projects, are you still able to analyse the first one?

Could you also provide the project key for the failing projects?

How do you analyse these projects?

Which languages they are based?

Did you had troubles when configuring these projects at SonarCloud? If positive, could you tell me more about this?

Hi @Alexandre_Holzhey

I’ve been using SonarCloud and didn’t take time to check back on this question. Let me just say that I love the product, very fast on feedback on the team’s PR, and overall good comments/feedback on the code.

The organization is medly, from https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/medly/

It looks like 2 of the 3 projects now have completed a scan, so only 1 is not scanning. I have no clue why that is since I haven’t changed anything in the configuration.

The failing project is https://sonarcloud.io/project/overview?id=medlypharmacy_drug-reference-service

I also now see an error message on the top which wasn’t there before on that page that says “Your analysis with ID “AXzNdGR3waYcueXoDM5W” has failed: your number of lines exceeds your organization plan”

I checked the background tasks and this is what it looks like.

The error says “This analysis will make your organization ‘medly’ to reach the maximum allowed lines limit (having 903503 lines).
Please contact the administrator of the organization to resolve this issue.”

I know that the project has way less than 10000 lines of code, so I’m wondering if node_modules are being dragged along in the main branch analysis?

I’m not sure what you mean when you ask “How do you analyze these projects?” I’ve set them up using the UI. I just became aware that we can have a file in the project to configure the scanning called sonar-project.properties

(As a side note, the word properties above is from a misspelling on SonarScanner | SonarQube Docs , in the Configuring your project section.)

The projects are Typescript and Javascript based.

I also just noticed that there’s an administration option available for me on this project. I had asked our admin to give me project permission and I think that took a little bit of time to appear. I’ll dive into this section, but I figure I would add exclusions like node_modules or other items which are not our code base.

A question back to you about the size of code. I ran two projects, the one that’s still broken and the one that fixed itself in a code size tool. They are both about the same size. Does that mean that potentially, the one that now works has consumed my organization’s line of code count?

Is there generally documentation that explains what is a line of code for the purpose of analysis?

I’ll try to configure the application best I can, but still not sure about a lot of these items.

Hello @GeoffreyMedly !

It is clear to me one project from your organisation is failing to get analysed due to the amount of lines of code. You can get more information about this at our documentation and at out homepage (these pages also explain about the lines of code concept for SonarCloud).

You can check your current amount of lines of code at your organisation page, then at the top menu “Administration”->“Billing”, there is a bar in the current plan section that points the current level.

I have one more question for you: do you have all dependencies (files inside node_modules folder) at your repository?