[NEW RELEASE] Sonar-Devon4j-Plugin 3.2.1

Hello everyone,

we from devonfw just released the 3.2.1 version of our sonar-devon4j-plugin and would love to have it on the marketplace and added to the plugin library.

This plugin validates davon4j architecture and conventions, read more under
our GitHub page: https://github.com/devonfw/sonar-devon4j-plugin/#sonar-devon4j-plugin

Changelog: https://github.com/devonfw/sonar-devon4j-plugin/blob/master/CHANGELOG.adoc

SonarCloud analysis: https://sonarcloud.io/dashboard?id=devonfw_sonar-devon4j-plugin

PR to sonar-update-center: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonar-update-center-properties/pull/78

Thanks a lot and greetings
Lmar

Old thread to connect the history:

Hi Lmar,

FYI, this hasn’t been overlooked. It’s on my list, but not at the top.

:smiley:
Ann

Dear Ann,

Thanks for the feedback. No worries. It took us almost a year to get to this point. Will not hurt if it takes another week or two. Thanks for having us on your list. :smile:

Cheers
Jörg

1 Like

Still not forgotten. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

Sorry for the looong delay. I finally got to this. I’ve asked for a few changes in your PR. Other than that, we’re good to go!

In addition, I have some non-blocking feedback on the plugin. Tracing the threads back, I see that I tested a while ago, but since it has been >1y and it was a new version I wanted to test again.

• For class- and method-level issues, you’ve marked the entire body of the class/method as the issue location. This has the disadvantage of a) being irritating, b) putting your issue message at the bottom of a potentially long block of relevant(?) text. E.G.

I suggest instead you only use the name/declaration as the issue location.

• You’ve used colors in your rule descriptions (bravo on adding them! :smiley:) to indicate noncompliant/compliant code sections. Just be aware that this may not be accessible for the colorblind
    Selection_843
    I know we may not present the best example in this area, but we’re aware of it and working on it iteratively. :slight_smile:

So! Update your PR per my review, and that’s all we need.

Ann

P.S. There was a recent thread about adding architectural checks. You might want to find it and give yourself a plug. :smiley:

You’re in!

Ann

1 Like

Great! Thanks for all your help and guidance.

Lmar

Hi Lmar,

As a followup, I still have your plugin loaded in my instance (because I’m lazy) and I just analyzed a project with no Devon4j-related files/etc. I got a lot of NPEs in my analysis logs with instructions to “report this problem to SonarSource” here in the community. I’m guessing those instructions didn’t come from you, but the NPEs did. :smiley:

[ERROR] Unable to run check class com.devonfw.ide.sonarqube.common.impl.check.naming.DevonNamingConventionInterfaceExtendsInterfaceRepositoryCheck - N9 on file 'src/main/java/com/sonarsource/ruleapi/utilities/package-info.java', To help improve SonarJava, please report this problem to SonarSource : see https://www.sonarqube.org/community/
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.devonfw.ide.sonarqube.common.impl.check.naming.DevonNamingConventionInterfaceExtendsInterfaceCheck.scanFile(DevonNamingConventionInterfaceExtendsInterfaceCheck.java:44)
	at org.sonar.java.model.VisitorsBridge.runScanner(VisitorsBridge.java:149)
	at org.sonar.java.model.VisitorsBridge.lambda$visitFile$1(VisitorsBridge.java:140)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1540)
	at org.sonar.java.model.VisitorsBridge.visitFile(VisitorsBridge.java:140)
	at org.sonar.java.ast.JavaAstScanner.simpleScan(JavaAstScanner.java:90)
	at org.sonar.java.ast.JavaAstScanner.scan(JavaAstScanner.java:67)
	at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.scanSources(JavaSquid.java:115)
	at org.sonar.java.JavaSquid.scan(JavaSquid.java:109)
	at org.sonar.plugins.java.JavaSquidSensor.execute(JavaSquidSensor.java:88)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.AbstractSensorWrapper.analyse(AbstractSensorWrapper.java:48)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:85)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.lambda$execute$1(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:59)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.withModuleStrategy(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:77)
	at org.sonar.scanner.sensor.ModuleSensorsExecutor.execute(ModuleSensorsExecutor.java:59)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ModuleScanContainer.doAfterStart(ModuleScanContainer.java:82)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:136)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:122)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scan(ProjectScanContainer.java:387)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.scanRecursively(ProjectScanContainer.java:383)
	at org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:346)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.startComponents(ComponentContainer.java:136)
	at org.sonar.core.platform.ComponentContainer.execute(ComponentContainer.java:122)
	at org.sonar.scanner.bootstrap.GlobalContainer.doAfterStart(GlobalContainer.java:141)
	at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.doExecute(Batch.java:72)
	at org.sonar.batch.bootstrapper.Batch.execute(Batch.java:66)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.batch.BatchIsolatedLauncher.execute(BatchIsolatedLauncher.java:46)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.internal.IsolatedLauncherProxy.invoke(IsolatedLauncherProxy.java:60)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy23.execute(Unknown Source)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.doExecute(EmbeddedScanner.java:189)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.api.EmbeddedScanner.execute(EmbeddedScanner.java:138)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.maven.bootstrap.ScannerBootstrapper.execute(ScannerBootstrapper.java:65)
	at org.sonarsource.scanner.maven.SonarQubeMojo.execute(SonarQubeMojo.java:104)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:210)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:156)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:148)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:305)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:192)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:105)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:956)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:288)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:192)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

It would be nice if you would

• prioritize this for your next release
  • keep an eye on the community to field these reports until at least your next release

Thx!
Ann

Hi Ann,

thanks for the find, I will look into it :smiley:

Are the NPEs only throwns when trying to check package-info.java files or is it the same issue with ‘normal’ .java files containing classes?

Greetings
Lmar

Hi Lmar,

I didn’t notice & my analysis logs are gone. And after encountering this I finally did clean out my plugins directory. But let me know if you can’t recreate it on your side & I’ll give it a go.

Ann

Hi Ann,

it’s all good, the issue should be fixed now and will be live with the next release :slight_smile:

Lmar

1 Like