New measures from new metrics not displayed on branches (Sonar 7.9)

Hi everybody!

I’ve developped a little java plugin that registers new metrics in a new domain. It is a really basic thing I’m doing pretty usually.

This is working as expected and it is displayed in my new domain when I’m running the analysis on the main branch.
But when I run the analysis on another branch the measures are not displayed. There is no exception raised in sonar analysis logs.

Is there any parameter to set on branches to set this new measure visible? Did someone encountered the same problem?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

7.9 is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.9.* → 8.9.2 → 9.1 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Regarding your actual question, this fair to ask and an interesting question. And we’re not going to be able to pursue it on 7.9.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

Hi, thanks @ganncamp for your answer and your welcome!

So, as far as I understand, it could be a bug in the (old) developer version? We’ll test it in 8.9 version, the upgrade was planned by my customer but don’t know when. I’ll submit a bug if still occurring.

Hi,

To be clear, I really don’t know. But we can’t even pursue it in an EOL verson.

Ann

Thanks for your frank reply, I’ll try it after a test in 8.9 and let you know :wink:

1 Like