Custom Plugin Not Showing Measures After upgrading to Sonarqube 7.9 LTS Data Center Edition but works in Community Edition

Hi,

This is kind of a strange issue , wherein a custom plugin shows up on Measures page in Community Edition, but does not on Data Center edition?

Can you please help , if any configurations are required?

Older Version : 6.7 LTS
Upgraded to : 7.9.5 LTS

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Milind

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

First, it’s incumbent upon me to point out that 7.9.5 is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience.

If you’re running Data Center Edition, then you have access to our professional Support Engineers & I urge you to file a ticket with them. Even so, it’s going to be difficult to support you on 7.9.*. You should go ahead & complete your upgrade through to at least 8.9.1 and file your ticket based on that (if one is still needed).

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the response.

We have recently migrated to 7.9.x LTS and was hoping being a LTS release should have the support from Sonar…

Can you share a matrix on LTS product version support from Sonar/

I will reach out to internal team.

Can anyone from Sonar actually review and share, if I am missing something in the code side, due to which on Measures page I am not able to view the results?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Milind

Hi Milind,

We support the previous LTS for 6 months; mainly to help you through the upgrade. :smiley:

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

However, I was going through the samples for building plugins across different version and below is my issue:

In the custom plugin code , I am setting the domain as below :

private static final String CUSTOM_DATA = “CUSTOM ANALYSIS”;
public static final Metric SOME_DATA = new Metric.Builder(DATA_KEY, “Data”, Metric.ValueType.DATA)
.setDirection(DIRECTION_NONE)
.setDomain(CUSTOM_DOMAIN)
.setQualitative(true)
.setDescription(“None”)
.create();

The CUSTOM DOMAIN is not showing in MEASURES page.

Plugin API Version : 7.9
Runtime : 7.9.5

Any help?

Thanks
Milind

Hi Milind,

You really need to upgrade to 8.9 and write your plugin there. The APIs are likely to have changed between the two.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I leveraged the sample examples for Plugin and dont see a change in API for Metric.Builder and corresponding methods across the versions of SonarQube (which I believe is good :slight_smile: ) .

Thanks
Milind