Need help planning upgrade from 9.4 Enterprise to 9.9

Make sure to tell us:

• What version are you upgrading from? 9.4.0.54424
  • System information (Operating system, Java version, Database provider/version) Server 2019, Adopt Open JDK 11.0.8.10, SQL Server 2017
  • What’s the issue you’re facing?
    The basic default install instructions are not overly helpful. I inherited the administration of this system from another admin who left the company, and I am struggling to get it upgraded. What version of java is needed/preferred? what are the steps to install the upgrade? please help!

Have a look ar Prerequisites and overview and you’ll find out that now Java 17 is required for the server.

Beside that,there is an Upgrade guide which I followed to upgrade from zip file. If you are facing problems see the release notes since your previous installation. I had to add an additional parameter to the connection string of my MS SQL DB connection.

2 Likes

these are the guides I tried to use without any luck.

Hi,

What was unclear?

Ann

not even sure how to install the new service. I ended up having to forcible remove the old SonarQube service and then ran SonarService.bat install to install the new service. This was never mentioned in the upgrade guide but I stumbled across it. Now I have the new service but it keeps stopping and I can’t keep it running. I think I am going to need to open a case with support. For now I rolled back my changes and I am running on 9.4

Hi,

If you have access to professional support then you probably want to start there next time.

Since we’re here, what do your server logs say?

Ann

unfortunately, I had to revert my server to a previous snapshot and I do not have the logs from my failed update attempt. SonarQube strongly pushes uses to use the community vs their support and now I am struggling to get logged into support.

Hi,

I don’t agree with that. If you have paid support, then you should use it. Can you tell me the form this “push” takes or took?

Ann

agreed. I inherited administration of this from someone who left the company and didn’t share his login information for the support portal so I will try to see what I can do to get access to that