Need help in setting PR Decoration with SonarQube

Hi,

We are facing issue in setting PR decoration with SonarQube and really need some help.

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    Answer: So far we are using SonarQube community edition. In order to evaluate GitHub PR decoration, we have got SonarQuebe developer Edition trial license.
    We have installed SonarQube Developer Edition Version 8.4.2 (build 36762) with trial license

• what are you trying to achieve
    Answer: We want to ensure that any new code that is being merged through pull request do not have any Sonar issue. We want to restrict PR if it could cause any Sonar issue. We found that GitHub PR decoration will serve this purpose.
    So we are trying to set up GitHub PR decoration.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    Answer:
    Essentially I followed below document
    https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/analysis/pr-decoration/

1. created GitHub application.
  2. Added mentioned permissions and events on GitHub app.
  3. create a project on SonarQube
  4. added Sonar plugin “sonar-maven-plugin” to our parent module pom.xml

Note: We are using GitHub Enterprise Server 2.20.9

When I run the “mvn clean install” from my local machine, I can see analysis on SonarQube. However same does not happen from PR. I continue to see below under PR checks tab.

Kindly let me know if one needs more information.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Rahul

I am able to make it run now. There was some issue in the project keys.

But I am seeing a minor issue now. I observed that SonarQube check report in the comment does not load images. Check below screenshot.

Same is the case when I look at the ‘Checks’ tab. Images do not get loaded there either.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks.

Hi,

I’m pretty sure this is a known issue, altho I don’t have the ticket number in front of me. Could you double-check the src attribute of one of those images & see where it’s supposed to be coming from?

Ann

I think it’s linked to this: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-13106

1 Like