MySQL - Unsupported JDBC driver provider: mysql

Hi,
I installed the latest CE version of Sonar (8.5.1) today on a Ubuntu box. I installed MySQL on the same server and created the necessary MySQL users to access the SonarQube DB. Changed in the sonar.properties file as below:

sonar.jdbc.username=sonarqube
sonar.jdbc.password=mypassword123

sonar.jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sonarqube?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&rewriteBatchedStatements=true&useConfigs=maxPerformance&useSSL=false

sonar.web.javaAdditionalOpts=-server
sonar.web.host=127.0.0.1

when I tail the sonar log, I get to see that JDBC driver provider for mySQL is unsupported. Is it MySQL isn’t supported on the latest version?

WrapperSimpleApp: Encountered an error running main: org.sonar.process.MessageException: Unsupported JDBC driver provider: mysql
org.sonar.process.MessageException: Unsupported JDBC driver provider: mysql
<-- Wrapper Stopped
--> Wrapper Started as Daemon
Launching a JVM...
Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
  Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

Please help

Hi @Anand_Krishnamoorthy ,

as noted in our requirements MySQL is not supported anymore by SonarQube. Please try Postgresql or any other of the supported DBMS :slight_smile:

Thanks @Tobias_Trabelsi

I removed and purged MySQL and installed Postgres on the same server. Now I encounter as below:

[1]: max file descriptors [4096] for elasticsearch process is too low, increase to at least [65535]
[2]: max virtual memory areas vm.max_map_count [65530] is too low, increase to at least [262144]
2020.11.27 12:07:48 INFO  es[][o.e.n.Node] stopping ...
2020.11.27 12:07:48 INFO  es[][o.e.n.Node] stopped
2020.11.27 12:07:48 INFO  es[][o.e.n.Node] closing ...
2020.11.27 12:07:48 INFO  es[][o.e.n.Node] closed

I have a line in the sonar.properties as below, is this any problem?

sonar.search.javaOpts=-Xmx512m -Xms512m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

My Cloud VM is having 2 vCPU and 8 GB RAM

as stated in the same document under platform notes, you need to increase the proposed values

sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=524288
sysctl -w fs.file-max=131072
ulimit -n 131072
ulimit -u 8192

Yep, I got it… After changing, I restarted the Sonar and found that everything is up in es and sonar logs. Even am able to curl localhost:9000. Port 9000 opened in the security group. But still I am unable to browse.

Please ignore. I got my problem. I had nginx install and forgot to do the reverse proxy. Now the sonar portal is up. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.