SonarQube 7.4 on RH7 Using Oracle 12C

Hi
Im new to SonarQube trying to install version 7.4 using a oracle 12c db. Upon start up I get an error message on the JDBC Connection in the web.log file: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

My sonar.properties file has the correct credentials to connect to the DB. I verified this using PL/SQL developer. I have the latest jdbc jar file from Oracle: ojdbc8.jar and the user sonar has access to the jar file.
Using a java test program to test the connection: I get the lovely connection reset error.

My JDBC URL is: jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521/servicename

Im completing at a loss on how to get this up and running. sonar.log has a vague message:
2018.12.17 13:18:03 WARN app ][o.s.a.p.AbstractProcessMonitor] Process exited with exit value [es]: 143
Wrapper Stopped
–> Wrapper Started as Daemon

Launching a JVM…

The access and es logs are empty. I have set the appropriate system level parameters for Elasticsearch as outline in their documentation.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi,

The docs advise you to install the Oracle driver (emphasis added):

Adding the JDBC Driver

Drivers for the supported databases (except Oracle) are already provided. Do not replace the provided drivers; they are the only ones supported.

For Oracle, copy the JDBC driver into $SONARQUBE-HOME/extensions/jdbc-driver/oracle .

Ann

I have loaded the ojdbc8.jar in the *SONARQUBE-HOME/extensions/jdbc-driver/oracle and given the user sonar RWX authority. Sonar is the user that will sonarqube will run under

I have triple checked the sonar.properties and elastisearch configs and I see no errors.

Hi,

Sorry, you said in your initial post that you’d provided the driver & I overlooked it. Could you provide the full stacktrace of your web.log error? Also, just to make sure, there’s nothing abnormal looking in ce.log, is there?

Ann

es.txt (651.5 KB)
web.txt (1.1 MB)
I will upload the sonar log separately. I need to reduce the size.

sonar.txt (4.0 KB)

Hi,

Stackoverflow indicates that this might be a question of your connection string specification.

Ann

This is all set. Thank you for your help. Sadly there was a colon missing in the URL string that created all this trouble.

1 Like