Leak Period Baseline is not working as expected

Hello,

I am using Sonarqube 6.7.1

I set leak period using BASELINE version in 8 Oct. Turn out, one of my project is not set any version. When I analyze the project after I set BASELINE version manually from Activity tab, it still consider part of BASELINE version (15 Oct).

So I change BASELINE version back to previous analysis manually (back to 8 Oct), and add new version (15 Oct, 5.0.0) in latest analysis. I even set the new version (5.0.0) in my project. I do analyze several times and the result is not as expected. The Leak period started on 22 Oct. Here a picture of the result today.

Why is like that? How can I make 8 Oct as my BASELINE version again?

(FYI, I change BASELINE version of my other project after it is analyzed several times, and it counts the leak period just fine)

Thank you

Hi,

Does this mean you set that globally?

It isn’t clear to me what you mean here

To make sure I understand:

• you had previously set a Version event on a different analysis
  • you edited that other analysis to remove the BASELINE version event
  • you manually set a version event on 8 Oct to BASELINE
  • you manually set a version event on 15 Oct to 5.0.0

?

Just to eliminate the possibility, can you send a screenshot of your project-level New Code period?

Well if we can’t get the BASELINE version figured out, as a last resort there’s always the option of using a date.

Ann

Okay, I will try to explain step by step:

1. On Oct 8, I set Oct 8 as my BASELINE version.
  2. On Oct 15, turn out, version is still BASELINE, so my BASELINE version change to Oct 15. In this step, I change version event on Oct 15 to 5.0.0, then add new Version event on Oct 8 as BASELINE.
  3. On 22 Oct sonar analyzed the project again and the BASELINE started on 22 Oct, even though version event of BASELINE is on 8 Oct.
  4. On 29 Oct sonar analyzed the project again and the BASELINE still started on 22 Oct.

I am still trying to figuring out, because this is happening to two of my project and Ishould give a proper answer to my manager before I change leak period to “date”.

Thank you for helping me. Hope this time I explain it well.

Hi,

It sounds like your analysis properties include sonar.version=BASELINE…? If so, then you’re getting the expected behavior and need to update your properties. If you have two non-contiguous analyses with the same version string, the later one will be used for the purpose of New Code calculation.

Ann