LDAP connection - SonarQube version 8.9

Hello ,

I would like to make my users connect with their AD ID, so in LDAP.

I did not succeed in making a connection.

Could you provide me with a clear example of the configuration to do to connect users who are part of an AD group?

SonarQube versions 8.9
Windows server 2016

Hi,

Your best bet is to use an independent LDAP client to figure out what the correct connection parameter values are, and then use the docs to find the right keys to feed them into SonarQube.

Ā 
HTH,
Ann

1 Like

HI ,

I followed good practices,

here is the error message encountered in the logs :

[LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090A22, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v3839 ]
javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090A22, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v3839 ]

2021.11.18 11:51:37 DEBUG web[AX0yqwGbgvSy1TZcAAA0][o.s.a.l.LdapUsersProvider] User ā€œusernameā€ not found in
2021.11.18 11:51:37 ERROR web[AX0yqwGbgvSy1TZcAAA0][o.s.s.a.CredentialsExternalAuthentication] Error during authentication
org.sonar.auth.ldap.LdapException: Unable to retrieve details for user ā€œusernameā€ in

Do you idea ?

Hi,

Nothing more than what Iā€™ve already suggested. The bind is the first basic step. With an independent LDAP client, you can work through that without the extra stuff around starting up SonarQube.

Ann