LDAP connection problem

hello colleagues

i’m trying to make a test installation of sonarqube-8.2.0.32929 whithin rhel 7 system

when i try to connect it to my AD via LDAP connection seems OK, but when i try to logon i get
“Authentication failed” message and error in web.log

[LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090A6C, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v3839^@]

when i try ldapsearch with all needed parameters + “(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=MY_AD_USER_NAME))” i get long answer from LDAP server with all the fields from domain account…

maybe anybody knows correct LDAP query answer example???

Hello @tcat,

Usually this error relates to a configuration issue, either on the credentials used to connect to the LDAP, or the query executed on it.

Please also note that technically speaking, this error message comes from AD, not SQ, so maybe you have something to configure/grant there as well (I don’t know, maybe allowing the SQ IP address to login on the LDAP, etc.).

Could you c/p all your LDAP parameters from sonar.properties here so we can try to see if something is wrong?

PS: we had a couple of threads on this topic, maybe they could help:

Well… I’m not sure who’s in charge AD or SQ, but the thing is…
i manage to connect to AD, but only when ldap.user.baseDn parameter starts with OU, for example:
ldap.user.baseDn=OU=Users,DC=Organization,DC=com
I mean, when i try to use root of AD as a user-bind i get an error.
Hope it will be helpfull to someone.

I don’t have much knowledge on AD, but it actually looks the standard way to go I’d say: