Last analysis failed - Analysis ID "AY8Htm-AgotWJ2a3C_zi" and "AY8HuVBYzpiXwaskMirq"

Hi SonarCloud team,

over the last week we have started to receive errors (intermittently) around our SonarCloud analysis hooked up to a GitHub repo that is blocking PR’s

We are a bit unsure as to why this keeps happening and would appreciate some assistance.

The current failed analysis IDs are

• AY8Htm-AgotWJ2a3C_zi
  • AY8HuVBYzpiXwaskMirq

Thanks for your help

Hi @christiankohl-CV

Welcome to the community forum!

I reviewed the recent analyses for your .NET project on Autoscan and I could see that analyses sometimes timeout as we’ve set a hard limit of 45 minutes.
I can see the project is rather large and reaches automated analysis capabilities. You may consider using CI-based analysis instead of automated analysis; otherwise, try excluding some file types from the analysis scope.

I hope this helps,
Alex

Thanks Alex / AlxO,

yeah I saw some notification about a timeout, I was just wondering why this had all of a sudden started as I am not aware of any changes we made to the configuration of SonarCloud and we have reduced the LOC and not increased, so a bit baffled.
Is there a way for us to see the last few running times of analysis and compare to say like a month or 2 ago for that particluar repo?

Meanwhile I will look at what we can take out of the analysis.

Thanks

Also those analysis ID are on PRs and it is timing out, I was under the impression for a PR it only scans the New code.
Is that the code just in the PR or also the code that “it” thinks is New code as per new code definition?

Thanks

Hi @christiankohl-CV

Is there a way for us to see the last few running times of analysis and compare to say like a month or 2 ago for that particluar repo?

There’s currently no functionality for this.

Is that the code just in the PR or also the code that “it” thinks is New code as per new code definition?

For .NET projects to be analyzed, a simplified build of the project is performed. So scan duration may not be shorter for PRs.

Thanks Alex for the explanations!
Very much appreciated.