Issues lifecycle Statuses and Resolutions not available for for TypeScript bugs

After scanning a TypeScript app few bugs were found however, it appears the only status we could do on those bugs are either “Confirmed” or “Unconfirme”

compared to like a java app

any reason why that is the case?

Hi @Rashed_Alam and welcome to the SonarSource community :smiley:

The issue you’re seeing is normally related to permissions. Can you confirm that you have (or the user trying to make the change has) the Administer Issues permission for the Typescript project?

As a suggestion for your future posts, it helps people answering your questions if you can provide a minimum level of information (at the very least your SonarQube version) per our template:

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

Regards,

Cameron.

Hi @Cameron thanks for getting back to me, I have Administration permission for that project as well as our sonar server. It appears to be with only TypeScript that I am not able to set any other status besides “Confirmed” or “Unconfirme” All other projects (Java, Python, Kotlin) I have the option to set the status to “Resolve as fixed,” “Resolve as false positive” etc.

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    Version 7.9.2.30863

HI @Rashed_Alam,

Are you by chance using the ESLint rule here rather than the equivalent SonarQube rule? If that’s the case, issues raised by those rules are treated as generic issues by SonarQube and they have a different lifecycle (see documentation here).

Regards,

Cameron.

Hi @Cameron,
We are not using ESLint but we are using TSLint, which could be the reason why. What will be your suggestion, in order to fellow SonarQube lifecycle?

Thanks Again

Hi @Rashed_Alam,

It’s really your call; each rule type comes with different tradeoffs. You can feel free to continue using TSLint rules if they add value to your teams, knowing that you can’t mark them as false positives. And/or you can use the SonarQube rules, which do have the full lifecycle.

Regards,

Cameron.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.