How to Administer Issue Resolution options

I have SonarQube 8.1. I’ve tried for 2 days to figure out how to enable “False Positive” and “Wont’ Fix” and I cannot find where to administer those options. I’ve ensured I have the “Administer Issues” permission and just cannot find anywhere on the site to update the settings. Can anyone help me find how to administer this setting?

At this point I’ve literally granted every User and every Group the “Administer Issues” permission and still cannot access the “False Positive” or “Won’t Fix” option, I’m pretty much dead in the water at this point.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

This may sound like a dumb question, but what makes you think you don’t have those permissions? Do those options not appear in the dropdowns on your issues?

Could you send some screenshots of a target issue and of the permissions in question?

Ann

Thanks. I believe I do have permissions (“Administer Issues”) but I still don’t get the options for the Issue Resolution. I only see “Confirm” or “Resolve as Fixed” with no other options. Please see attached screen shot.

Hi,

Yup! You don’t have perms. :smiley:

Now how about a screenshot of your permissions to that project. E.G.

Ann

Sure thing. Here you go. Please me know if this isn’t the right screen.

Hi,

That’s the default permissions template that will be applied when new projects are created. Go to the project in question, then Administration -> Permissions and give me a screenshot of that.

Ann

First off, thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated. Here’s the screenshot of one of the projects. When I click on Administration on the top it just takes me back to the General Administration screen that’s not specific to the project so I’m not sure how to Admin a project I guess.

Ok, I got it to work by applying the default permission template from my previous screen shot to all the projects I was trying to configure. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting back. I’m glad you got this working.

As a side note, you don’t seem to have project admin on the project in question, otherwise you would see Administration in both menu levels. E.G.

That shouldn’t have had any impact on the issue admin permissions. I just wanted to explain why the menu didn’t take you were I said it would.

:smiley:
Ann