Issue : Quality Gate failed: Compute engine task did not complete within time

Having the same problem in Travis CI builds - everything runs fine (no errors in the Travis logs), but the report processing status is always PENDING and the dashboard in sonarcloud does not update existing branches or add new PRs.

Same issue

Error

Task : Publish Quality Gate Result

Description : Publish SonarCloud’s Quality Gate result on the Azure Pipelines build result. To be used after the actual analysis.
Version : 1.9.0
Author : sonarsource
Help : More Information

##[error][SQ] Task failed with status FAILED, Error message: Java heap space
Finishing: Publish Quality Gate Result

To remeidate that i manually exported environment variable using bash script as
export SONAR_SCANNER_OPTS="-Xmx3062M"
export SONAR_RUNNER_OPTS="-Xmx3062M"

Even added below lines in Prepare SonarCloud analysis steps as well
sonar.web.javaOpts="-Xmx2048m"
sonar.ce.javaOpts=-Xmx2048m
SONAR_SCANNER_OPTS="-Xmx3062M"
SONAR_RUNNER_OPTS="-Xmx3062M"

Even using powershell to manually add this property in Sonar-project.properties
(Get-Content D:/a/1/.sonarqube/out/sonar-project.properties) | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace “-Xmx1024M”, “-Xmx3192M” } | Set-Content D:/a/1/.sonarqube/out/sonar-project.properties

Still it is not working. Using Azure pipeline Windows 2019 agent and tried with hosted VS2017 agent as well.

Tried verbose and not getting any logs in publish task(publish quality gate). As checked it Run was using 1024m

This is getting quite ridiculous, no response what so ever for more than 24 hours on a critical issue that is blocking many users. This is unheard of. #bug #bug #bug

24 hours, background tasks stilling going to the abyss!

I can just reiterate what others have said. All our builds in our GitHub organization is blocked by this. No analysis has completed in 24+ hours and there’s now long queues of pending jobs.

Hey all.

I’m sure there’s plenty to say about this situation after it’s resolved, but I can confirm that right now

• someone is looking at the situation
  • tasks have resumed processing, it will take time to catch up
7 Likes

Thanks. We need urgent answers, a paid service can not spend 24 hours unavailable.

After 24 hours status page get updated

Sonarsource should have a ticket system for troubleshooting. And don’t just rely on a forum.

1 Like

@Colin_SonarSource
Similar issue reported in 2018
SonarCloud - Stuck on publishing quality gate result

All my builds are broken because of this. I now have 40 developers twiddling their thumbs unable to work properly.

Issue ongoing for 24 hours. The overall cost of issues like this to businesses is catastrophic.

What is going on?

My last analysis has been finished. Maybe the issue is fixed.

My last run was successful roo. Ran a bit longer than usual with 13 minutes, but it worked.

The service has caught up the lag and is now fully operational. We are monitoring it actively. The issue is still under investigation.
You can follow the status at: https://sonarcloud.statuspage.io/

1 Like

@Vince, @Colin_SonarSource,

Thank you for fixing the issue. Once the dust settle will you be publishing a detailed Post Mortem? What I am particularly interested is not necessarily what caused this specific outage (it happens and such incident can be unique). What we want to see is what tools and procedures SonarSource will be putting in place so that paying customers will be able to escalate such outages and be acknowledged quickly.

I think I speak for many of your paying customers here that this incident has put a dent in our trust of SonarSource and that a strong response is required to help heal the damage.

6 Likes

@sonarsourcers @Colin_SonarSource : Finally, thanks for fixing it.

We all would like to know what went wrong, why there was no acknowledgement for more than 24 hours, and are you guys considering a proper support/ticketing system in place or still just want to follow this same process? There should be a proper way to approach you guys and if needed there should be an escalation channel as well where we should be able to approach you if required, this is clearly high time!

Also, it’s really annoying that you guys have put restrictions on no.of replies per day and then no one has acknowledged it, I have tweeted it on Twitter as well with no response as usual. Appreciate if such restrictions are removed.

Also the status page still doesn’t mention what went wrong and no details about the cause/reason of downtime/unavailability.

4 Likes

@Colin_SonarSource @sonarsourcers : can someone kindly reply to my above message?

We all have right to know what went wrong/had happened, it is a payed version of Licensed software.

It is really interesting you guys have put the computational engine outage as Major outage with only 50 mins of unavailability wherein in reality it was close to 30 hours or more!
I’m much more interested now to know why

1 Like

Excellent placement. SonarSource does not seem to know how to deal with problems, including removing posts that criticize the long waiting time for solving a Global problem, which lasted more than 24 hours and appears with only 50 minutes.

Given that we don’t need any of the esoteric languages, we are now looking seriously at self-hosting the open source version.

Thanks @Mukesh_RT2019,

The Status Page information is now fixed. The time displayed was taking in account the time when we stood up the Status Page, rather than the time when the issue actually started.