I updated to the latest version of SonarLint for IntelliJ this morning, and now my IDE becomes totally frozen for 3-6s on each file analysis.
A thread dump shows that the EDT is trying to fetch data from the SonarQube server. See the two attached files:
My SonarQube server requires a client SSL certificate, which I did not configure in the IDE’s key store. Instead, I use a local proxy (Fiddler) that decrypts SSL connections to SonarQube and automatically authenticates requests. The UI freeze happens both when Fiddler is on or off (meaning even when SonarLint can reach the server, the UI is frozen). I don’t think my setup is directly related to the problem, this kind of analysis should probably be done in a background thread to account for “slow” server response times.
IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1 EAP (Ultimate Edition) Build #IU-211.5787.15, built on February 10, 2021 IntelliJ IDEA EAP User Expiration date: March 12, 2021 Runtime version: 11.0.10+9-b1319.6 amd64 VM: Dynamic Code Evolution 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o. Windows 10 10.0 GC: G1 Young Generation, G1 Old Generation Memory: 2048M Cores: 12 Registry: debugger.watches.in.variables=false Non-Bundled Plugins: ir.msdehghan.plugins.ansible (0.92), YourKit Java Profiler 2019.8-b137 Integration (2019.8.137.0), org.sonarlint.idea (188.8.131.52630), MavenRunHelper (4.10.193.000.0), PlantUML integration (4.3.1) Kotlin: 211-1.4.21-release-IJ5787.2