IntelliJ - SonarLint plugin can't connect to Sonarqube

Template for a good bug report, formatted with Markdown:

• Versions used (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • Error observed (wrap logs/code around triple quote ``` for proper formatting)
  • Steps to reproduce
  • Potential workaround
  • Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked)
  • In case of SonarCloud:
    • ALM used (GitHub, Bitbucket Cloud, Azure DevOps)
    • CI system used (Bitbucket Cloud, Azure DevOps, Travis CI, Circle CI, Jenkins, other)

I’m trying to connect sonarlint on IntelliJ to sonarqube.
I have a local instance of sonarqube and when I try to connect it I get this error:

Failed to fetch information from the server. Please check the configuration and try again. Error: Error 404 on http://localhost:9000/api/organizations/search.protobuf?member=true&ps=500&p=1

Sonarqube version: 9.4
SonarLint Version: 4.4.0.14142
IntelliJ version: Ultimate 2017.3

Hello, welcome to the community! And thanks for reporting this.

It seems that you are trying to use very old versions of IntelliJ and SonarLint to connect to a very recent SonarQube. If possible, I suggest that you update IntelliJ and SonarLint to more recent versions.

Okey, that’s reasonable. Which version would you recommend for Sonarqube 9.4?

I would definitely recommend to update to the latest version of SonarLint (6.7 as of writing). Please note that you will also need to update IntelliJ; in case of doubt, please refer to the list of versions to check which version of SonarLint is compatible with which version of IntelliJ.

In terms of compatibility with SonarQube:

• SonarLint 5.0 and above is compatible with SonarQube 7.9 and above
  • SonarLint 3.3 to 4.16 is compatible with SonarQube 6.7 to 7.9
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.