Sonarlint-intellij connect to SonarQube failed

My IDE is IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1 and installed sonarlint-intellij-5.3.0.36775 plugin succeed.
My SonarQube version is 8.9.1-community.

When I bind the SonarLint to SonarQube follow the wiki Bind-to-SonarQube-or-SonarCloud
After entering the Login account and Password and press Next, I get a error in connecting:

Failed to connect to the server. Please check the configuration. Cause: org.sonarsource.sonarlint.shaded.com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 2 column 2 path $

In the SonarLint Log console I get a message:
GET 400 http://******/api/system/status | response time=2947ms

But when I acces this URL in browser, the response is :
{“id”:“02F7F878-AXvEM76kR5OWVyjmxxxo”,“version”:“8.9.1.44547”,“status”:“UP”}

What’s the problem? Could anyone help me please?

Hello,

Welcome to the community and thanks for raising this issue.

First you could try to use the latest SonarLint version which is the 6.1.

A possible explanation is that there is a proxy between you and your SonarQube server, and the request is intercepted. Is it the case ? If so you could try to configure it in the IntelliJ settings, in Appearance & Behavior > System Settings > Proxy, and SonarLint will reuse those settings to try to connect.

Please tell me if this solves your problem
Thanks
Damien

Hi Damie,
Thank you for reply. I had try the latest SonarLint version 6.1.0, but still have same problem.
Then I installed a SonarQube in my person computer, and use the URL http://127.0.0.1/9001 which is my local SonarQube website to connect, everything it’s OK.
It suddenly occurred to me that our company had installed a IP Guard software in everyone’s computer to protected the source code. This software will prevent the IntelliJ IDEA plugins to connect unsafe host or IP. So I can only use SonarLint in local mode temporary.
Thanks
Seven

Thanks for the feedback. You probably need to check with your system administrators how to authorize access to SonarQube. I will close the thread, don’t hesitate to reopen if you need more help