Install Production License Without GUI

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)

• sonarqube-developer-8.2.0.32929
    • sonar-scanner-cli-4.2.0.1873-linux
    • build-wrapper-linux-x86
  • what are you trying to achieve

Install production license.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

We had a working instance of SonarQube with a trial license.
The trial license expired before we had a chance to purchase a production license.
Our SonarQube instance will not come up now, we guess because of the expired license.
So we cannot access the GUI (http://localhost:9000).

We just purchased a production but do not know how to install it without the GUI.
Could you please advise?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi,

An expired license should not keep your server from starting. The only thing it should impact is the ability to do new analyses. You should look at your server logs to diagnose your startup problem.

Regarding setting the license without the UI, there are web services that to do that - the ones that the UI uses :slight_smile: - but they won’t work until you get the server started up and at that point you’ll be able to use the UI.

HTH,
Ann

Thank you, we’ll take a look
Is it OK to continue on this thread for additional questions or should I open a new thread?

Thanks for asking. For additional questions related to this topic you can continue here. If they tangent off in other directions you should create new threads. The idea is to have a coherent record for future users to refer to.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Ann

1 Like

Hello Ann,

I dug into the logs and was able to identify the cause of the problem.
Our instance is running again now, I am closing this item.

Thanks so much for your help,
Ai

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.