Importing tests from unknown languages

Hi,

I understand your frustration.

On the face of it, this seems simple, so I’ve spent some time over the years (yes, it’s been years) contemplating why we don’t just handle it.

I believe this probably has to do with the larger metrics interdependency web. Consider that Coverage % is:

(conditions-evaluated-true + conditions-evaluated-false + line-coverage) / (2*condition-count + lines-to-cover)

Almost everything in that formula can be derived directly from your coverage report. But (cue ominous music) you still need lines-to-cover. And that comes from the size-related metrics that would be provided by a plugin (or native support).

So without metrics support, more than half of the coverage measures are incalculable:
Selection_745

“But you should just use the line counts from the coverage report!” I hear you saying. We used to. It led to inaccuracies. So we quit.

You’re going to need to provide size metrics. I’m not qualified to call out the specific metrics you need and the ones you can ignore. Admission to the Marketplace requires NCLOC & NCLOC_DATA, although I’m not certain that’s a) relevant to your question b) the minimum to get what you want. You probably need to provide executable lines data. Potentially more.

Hopefully this helps. Please do feel free to create new threads with specific development questions.

Ann