GenericTestExecutionReport: Limited to known languages?

(Andre Pany) #1

I want to use the generic test execution functionality to upload test results for the D Programming Language (file extension .d). Unfortunately there is a validation that only known languages can be used:

This report:

<testExecutions version="1">
  <file path="source/pei/client/tests/configmanager.d">
    <testCase name="canSaveValidConfigurationParameter" duration="2"/>
  </file>
</testExecutions>

throws this error:
Caused by: Line 2 of report refers to a file with an unknown language: source/pei/client/tests/configmanager.d

This seems strange, as the generic test execution reporter should be opened for all languages.
The external issue reporter does not have this restriction and works fine with .d files.

GenericCoverage is limited to known languages
GenericCoverage is limited to known languages
(Janos Gyerik) #6

As you have mentioned in another thread (closed now as duplicate), there is the same issue with GenericTestCoverage as well (and the answer / solution is likely to be the same). I haven’t forgotten about this, I’ll get back to you later.

(Andre Pany) #7

Although both functions suffers from the same problem, they are two unrelated functions located at two different source files. As the other issue is closed as duplicate, only this issue will be solved and the other issue likely will be forgotten.
@ganncamp
Please reopen the other issue, thanks.

Kind regards
André

(Janos Gyerik) #8

@andre.pany We don’t forget :slight_smile: At a glance I have a feeling we will fix both of these issues at the same time. I’ll update this thread when I get a chance to take a closer look. Until then, let’s just keep this one thread.

(G Ann Campbell) #9

Hi Andre,

For the record, I read too fast on your other thread and leap to conclusions. My apologies.

Ann