I want sonarscanner to run and show code issues, but dont want to publish results to sonarqube

I want to run sonar scanner analysis on a developer/short lived branch where I can see the issues in my code, fail build when quality gate fails(using plugin) etc, but I dont want sonar to publish my results in the UI.
I am aware that there was a feature available untill 6.6- `sonar.analysis.mode, but its not supported anymore(we are using 7.9)

what is the alternative to this plugin?
if there is no alternative available, what would be the best way to achieve what i want?

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

7.9.* → 8.9.8 → 9.4 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

To answer your question, I believe you’re looking for SonarLint

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thank you for responding.
Except using sonarlint, is there no way to achieve what I am looking for via sonarqube?
I dont want to use a separate tool here, as this is a org wide solution that we are trying to come up with and asking our developers to use a separate tool might not be the best way for us.

Hi,

There’s not another tool.

It’s not clear to me why you would want to run a full analysis but not publish it to the server. If this is about developers being “blamed” for issues, well… I would find that terribly unfortunate. In my experience, people work best when they’re trusted & empowered. Publishing analysis results to the SonarQube server should just be a step in the process.

Getting off my soap box…

Surely your developers are using an IDE? One solution would be to offer a standardized IDE image that comes pre-loaded with SonarLint.

Once they put their projects into SonarLints connected mode, SonarLint will apply the rule set used by SonarQube analysis, synch in False Postive / Won’t fix statuses, taint analysis issues and more…

HTH,
Ann