How to get issue fixed user in SonarQube

When someone introduce an issue, then the author of that issue is the one who introduce the issue.
If someone else fixed that issue, are there any way to get that user who fixed that issue?

1 Like

Hi,

That’s a really great question.

In fact, we don’t offer anything around this and it would be difficult to try to leverage SonarQube’s data to figure this out because

• you’re probably* looking for the last committer on the issue line
  • when an issue is closed/fixed, we remove the line number from it so that it doesn’t show up in a weird place in the interface if you choose to display closed issues (because the old line number may not be relevant any longer).

:slightly_frowning_face:
Ann

*Some issues are fixed by modifying a line other than the one they were raised on. For instance, if I have a “Cognitive Complexity of methods should not be too high” issue, it’s raised on the method signature, but I’ll fix it by altering the method body…

Thank You…!!

I my case its not that important to know the exact line where the issue got fixed, but the SonarQube Run and related commit would help.

So far I haven’t found any correlation id between the time an issue was closed by SonarQube and a BuildId, CommitHash or similar. By knowing that, or adding this information to the WebApi it would support the requested functionality.

Any plans on doing that?

Hi @MichaelSchnyder,

Welcome to the community!

There are no current plans to store extra data on closed issues. Would you mind sharing your use case?

Ann