How to delete projects related to language plugin

Hi All,

I have removed one laguage plugin from SonarQube server.Now, I want to delete the projects related to that language.Please suggest me how to do this.

Scenario Ex:-I have removed python plugin and want to delete all python projects.

Best regards,
Swetha

Hi Swetha,

In general the easiest way to find projects for a specific language is to do a language search on the Projects page. I’m not sure how/whether that will work though with the analyzer that defines the language removed. If you don’t see Python in the list of languages (and searching for it comes up empty) then your best bet is to reinstall the Python analyzer, do the language search, delete the projects one-by-one, and then (re)delete the analyzer.

Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the detailed explaination.But, my requirement is to clean up the code related to removed plugin and source code of projects that are inactive from last one year.Could you suggest me how could i achieve this.

Thanks,
Swetha

Hi Swetha,

Cleaning up projects that haven’t been analyzed for a certain time is easy! As discussed in the docs (bottom of the page), there’s a date picker on the Projects Management page (Administration > Projects > Management) for specifically that purpose. From there, you can bulk delete.

As far as finding projects attached to a phantom language… I got nothin’.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Swetha