How to bind multiple projects to SonarQube efficiently

I am running a local sonarcube that successfully checks our 110 Projects for issues.
I have also setup the SonarLint for Eclipse plugin Version 4.1.0.2019013110 in Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)

To bind a project to the SonarQube I can now open the context-menu on any project, choose SonarLint -> Bind to SonarQube or SonarCloud and choose my server connection. The following dialog will even present me with a good SonarQube project to bind my eclipse project to.

But doing this 110 times is very tedious. I remember that in earlier versions there was a “wizard” kind of a dialog where you could hit an “auto-bind” button and all eclipse projects would be mapped to their SonarQube twins, which was very nice an efficient.
Has this feature been removed from SonarLint?

1 Like

Hi,

You can select multiple projects to bind, or a working set, as long as all Eclipse projects should bind to the same SonarQube project (usually in multi-module projects).

But if the Eclipse projects are actually different SQ projects, then currently you have no choice than binding them one by one.

1 Like

Our eclipse projects should each bind to their respective SQ project. Earlier versions of SonarLint did support auto-binding them individually. This is a real showstopper for us.

1 Like

I see the point. I have created a ticket:
https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLE-305

But we are currently busy to prepare SQ LTS, so I don’t think you should expect any progress before the second half of the year.

1 Like

Hi,

I second Robert Lichtenberger request.
It’s not easy to bind many projects now. Hope to see an improvement in the future versions !

Hi @honorec,

Thanks for the feedback, this is appreciated.