Template for a good new topic, formatted with Markdown:
- ALM used (GitHub, Bitbucket Cloud, Azure DevOps)
- CI system used (Bitbucket Cloud, Azure DevOps, Travis CI, Circle CI Azure Devops
- Scanner command used when applicable (private details masked)
- Languages of the repository c#
- Only if the SonarCloud project is public, the URL
- And if you need help with pull request decoration, then the URL to the PR too
- Error observed (wrap logs/code around with triple quotes ``` for proper formatting)
- Steps to reproduce
- Potential workaround
Could someone please help me on this ?
Welcome to the community.
You can set up notifications in your personal account settings:
Account avatar (top right of screen) > My Account > Notifications
You should see a screen like this:
Hello @Peeter_Piegaze will this setting provide me a notification for deprecated rules
From our Quality Profiles documentation page:
[…] users with Quality Profile administration privileges are notified by email each time a built-in profile (one that is provided directly by an analyzer) is updated.
However, this feature has been removed from the product 2 years ago.
Currently it’s not possible to subscribe to notifications about deprecated rules, or any other quality profile changes. Note that we release new rules on a daily basis, so the notifications are likely to generate some noise.
Can you tell us more about your use case? Why would you like to get notified on such events? What do you plan to do with such notifications?
Hello @janos, Actually we are using Sonar cloud in big manner we have deployed over than 100 projects on Sonarcloud and we are using it frequently so as part of process to keep sonarcloud up-to-date most of the times we found deprecated rules notification on Sonarcloud dashboard so we are looking to automate or atleast to get notification of deprecated rules so accordingly we can plan and do this activity.
Hello @siddharth159 ,
Thank you for the details! Could you clarify in more depth what your usage of that information is?
- To update your custom Quality Profile
- To notify your developers about changed quality requirements
- Something else?
Thank you in advance!