How can I retrieve fileuuids and the name of the file from the wep api?

I’m using * Version 8.1*
I need to retrieve the fileuuid and name of all my components
I can view my components with /api/issues/search. But 95% of the data returned is useless for what I want to do.
I’m pretty sure that api/components/show is what I need but I don’t know how to make that call work. I get the following error “msg”: “The ‘component’ parameter is missing”

Same error with /api/components/show?component=%s

Hi @javier2,

Welcome to the Community! :smiley:

I’m going to assume that since you’re talking about fileuuid, you want to retrieve this information for files only (but correct me if I’m wrong). In that case what you’re looking for is api/components/search?qualifiers=FIL which returns UUID, key, file name and language. It comes paginated by default in pages of 100.

Hope this helps,

Cameron.

Hi Cameron :smiley:
api/components/search?qualifiers=FIL returns the files that I’m indeed looking for. However, there is no uuid attached to my components. There’s the organization, key (path), name, qualifier, language and project. Any ideas why the uuid would not show up from api call?
Thanks!

Hi @javier2,

Checking the API change history (and my bad for not checking first) we dropped UUID from the API call in version 8.0. This was most likely because we mostly use key now for identifiers in API calls. Which begs the question: can you do what you need to do using file keys instead of UUIDs?

Best regards,

Cameron.