Haven't Heard Back About Paying for License

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    • SonarQube Version 9.4 (build 54424)
  • what are you trying to achieve
    • Upgrade License from Community to Developer
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    • Used form on website to request an account

From the limited information I could find on various forums it appears the process of requesting a full license is incredibly slow. Personally, I’ve been waiting about a week for a response. I have several questions related to this process.

1. Is my request still in the queue for contact?
  2. How long does it typically take for contact to be made about buying a developer license?
  3. Do you have plans in the future to allow online checkout for licenses so that an account could be made, a license selected, and that license paid for in an automated checkout way for smaller accounts like development licenses? I understand that you might still want an account representative for larger installations or negotiated agreements but for something like just buying a developer license for a set number of lines of code, this seems like an unnecessary inconvenience and delay for all customers.
  4. Does renewing a license also take this long? How many weeks/months of lead time should we account for when renewing if so?

Thanks for the information in advance!

Hi,

Sorry about that! I’m pinging the team on this.

Ann

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about the delay you are experiencing, this is not intended or normal.
Can I ask that you reach out to me directly so that we can ensure we connect the dots between your post here and the request on the website? I can be reached at Patrick.McKinney@SonarSource.com
Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Ann,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling! The sales team reached out ~30 minutes after you replied to me.

Nate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.