- SonarQube Community Edition 18.104.22.168237
- GitLab Pull Request Decoration option not available under Administration > Configuration > General Settings > Pull Request Decoration
According to the SonarQube 8.1 release page, GitLab PR Decoration should be available in all versions of SonarQube. If I’m not mistaken, this should include Community Edition, as well. However, it does state the opposite on a different page:
Pull Request decoration is available as part of Developer Edition and above.
Not sure if this is a bug then or just a misinterpretation of the release notes. If it’s a bug, it can be reproduced by following the steps from this documentation page:
- open SonarQube Community Edition 22.214.171.124237
- log in as a user with administrator rights
- navigate to Administration > Configuration > General Settings > Pull Request Decoration
- select the GitLab tab
- GitLab tab is not available on that page
Gitlab MR decoration is not available in Community Edition, as the concept of branches and PR decoration is only available in commercial editions (as for the other SCMs).
It’s mentioned on the release page, by the tags you have close to the feature itself : DE, EE and DCE, meaning Developer Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Data Center Edition (our commercial editions):
The release states that the MR Decoration in Gitlab is available for all versions of Gitlab (you need to use Gitlab CI).
If you want to try the Developer Edition to benefit from this new feature, have a look here, fill in the form and receive your evaluation key
Have a nice day,
And Merry Christmas !
Thanks a lot @Carine_Bayon for such a swift reply. And thanks for the hint for the evaluation key - will likely give it a try soon.
Have a great day and Merry Christmas!