Export SonarQube rules (v10.3)

I all,
As a new Code Quality project manager, I just upgrade my SonarQube Windows server to the lastest version 10.3 (with Postgre database) and I’d like to extract/export out of the box rules to analyse them.
I found the Sonar rules catalog but not exportable as .csv.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Can you share what kind of analysis you’d like to do?

Thx,
Ann

Thanks for your reply G Ann :sweat_smile: !

I’d like to share with all my Devs team members (around 450 people) the list of each rules for each language in order to have a global overview and to comment them before creating new rules (maybe unadapted).

I found the Sonar rules catalogue online (https://rules.sonarsource.com/?_gl=1*w4u8kv*_gcl_au*MTM4MTM0Mjc1LjE3MDM2MDQ1NzQ.*_ga*MTA3Mjc2MTE4LjE3MDM2MDM1MDE.*_ga_9JZ0GZ5TC6*MTcwNTQyNTc5OS41LjAuMTcwNTQyNTgwMC41OS4wLjA.) but not exportable unless I’m wrong :sob: :scream: !

Your help wil be very very usefull.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

There is no good way to export the rules. It’s not something we ever anticipated needed to do. We suggest you start from the Sonar way profiles. Run them on your code, see what you get and go from there.

If you feel you really must do this, then take a look at the Web API. The best way to master the API is to perform the desired action via the UI and eavesdrop to see which calls the UI made to accomplish the action.

You may also find this guide helpful.

HTH,
Ann