Example plugin Maven build warning

When building the example plugin for 8.x I get the following warning:

[WARNING] Invalid POM for org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-testing-harness:jar:8.9.9.56886, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details

I’ve tried a handful of things but I don’t seem to be able to fix it on my end. When looking at the Maven Repository is does seem that a version is not listed for hamcrest-core for any version beyond 7.9 (where it was previously hamcrest-all).

Is there any way to get rid of this warning or do I just have to live with it?

Hi, Could you try to enable debug logs to see if there any other relevant details?

Hi Duarte. Unfortunately there isn’t much additional info from the debug logs.

[WARNING] The POM for org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-testing-harness:jar:8.9.7.52159 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available: 1 problem was encountered while building the effective model for org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-testing-harness:8.9.7.52159
[ERROR] ‘dependencies.dependency.version’ for org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar is missing. @

I was able to reproduce the problem.
Running dependency:tree goal showed more details:

[WARNING] The POM for org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-testing-harness:jar:8.3.1.34397 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available: 1 problem was encountered while building the effective model for org.sonarsource.sonarqube:sonar-testing-harness:8.3.1.34397
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar is missing. @

It looks like the dependency isn’t even used anymore, so I’ve created a PR to remove it from sonar-testing-harness. However that will not fix the problem with released versions.

Appreciate it! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.